Thank You!

Club Racing topics.

Postby gtpilot » Tue Jun 08, 2004 12:45 pm

I had a great time at the race last weekend - the people @ HPT we friendly and helpful through out the event, one I will be sure to visit again!

Kirk B Olson
R187116
RM Div
CO Reg
gtpilot

Postby FireballPhil » Wed Jun 09, 2004 7:34 am

Kirk, I'm glad you made it over to the Midiv for a race. Obviously you did OK. Are you still running 2 cars this year? I haven't seen any results as yet and am wondering which car/class you ran. Hope you are doing well and will look forward to seeing you at the Runoffs again this year.

Phil
Thanks,

Phil Harris
MidSouth Region
Memphis, TN

auto racing, bull fighting and mountain climbing are the only real sports...all others are games.
-ernest hemingway-
FireballPhil

Postby gtpilot » Wed Jun 09, 2004 2:55 pm

Phil,

We are attempting to get qualified in two classes, GT4 & 5, for this years Runoffs, but luck has not been on my side. Last two outings, two DNF's... The car has run well, but we have had a problem with the brackets that tie the fuel rail to the throttle bodies - when it breaks, the fuel pressure seperates the fuel rail from the injectors. It creates a horrible miss and the undesirable smell of raw fuel being dumped on a hot engine. Nothing was hurt other than my pride...worse than that - the bracket on the other side broke the week before @ PPIR...on lap six too!

BTW - it looks like I may have to go to MAM for the August 21st race to get qualified for the Runoffs..will you be there?

Kirk
gtpilot

Postby FireballPhil » Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:36 am

Kirk,

Sorry for the long delay in response, a short vacation took priority for a few days. :D

I am not sure if I will be at MAM in August or not. It really depends if I have friends from Memphis going or if my brother from Wichita goes. I will keep you posted if I am able to go. I will be going to the June Sprints this weekend. This is my first trip there and I am really looking forward to it.

I hope that your luck changes real soon. :)

Phil
Thanks,

Phil Harris
MidSouth Region
Memphis, TN

auto racing, bull fighting and mountain climbing are the only real sports...all others are games.
-ernest hemingway-
FireballPhil

Return to Club Racing