Hpt Results

Club Racing topics.

Postby grundy » Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:30 am

Does anyone have the results of the IT races at HPT June 5/6?
Mark Jeffery<br>IT7 #92<br>1985 Mazda RX7<br>Arkansas Region
grundy

Postby jkopp » Mon Jun 14, 2004 7:55 pm

I've often wondered where we can find this information myself. I browse the web to an excessive level and have never ran across a good source. A few here and there by browsing other region sites but that's it. I would be willing to start posting all the race weekend results if I could get copies of all the results from the run groups. Obviously electronic copies would be easier to post than hard copies but I could probably make either work. I keep forgetting to get copies of all the run groups at the events not to mention that I don't make it to every event. Any source for this info out there?
Jeff Kopp<br>#36 AS Camaro<br>K.C. Region<br>Crew Chief for Mike McGinley - #50 T1 Corvette
jkopp

Postby jigou » Tue Jun 15, 2004 8:13 am

I LOVE the detailed results that come out of mylaps.com when the results make their way there....

If one were so inclined, I guarantee the T&S crews at any/all of the Midiv tracks would be supportive of any volunteers that wanted to take on the responsibility of setting up an account, then gathering and submitting the results to mylaps.com (or any other site).

Candy Gerber got MVRG set up for mylaps - I don't know how much work was involved to get it up and running, or how difficult it was to submit results once they were final....but with everyone on transponder systems now, I'll bet most (if not all) of the Midiv tracks can crank out the same electronic results...

Knowing how promptly she got the results up from our last event, I have a feeling it's pretty straightforward. (Heck, mylaps.com was created by the AMB folks, so the systems have to interface seamlessly.)

Did I mention that posting results to that site is free?? :D

Jarrod
jigou

Postby Speed Raycer » Tue Jun 15, 2004 10:29 am

I don't know about the other MiDiv regions, but the STL region has talked about adding the results to MyLaps.com. When it does happen, I've volunteered to upload the times to mylaps as well as the regions new road racing section of the website.

Right now it's just too much for the already stretched T&S crew between the new Timing system and the iCard. The iCard software was all bugged up at the last event even after the iCard guy tried to help them fix it. They're working on it but they're not going to add mylaps.com until they can handle the current load of work.
Scott Rhea
It's not what you build...
it's how you build it.
Izzy's Custom Cages
Speed Raycer
Advanced Member

Return to Club Racing