Heartland Video Wanted

Club Racing topics.

Postby Casual » Tue Jul 06, 2004 2:42 pm

Does anyone know where I might download a copy of a lap of Heartlands new 2.33 miles track? - Jim Schriver, Cedarville, AR

Postby specmiata07 » Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:50 pm

Jim -
I don't know of any video with the new configuration yet, but of course there are several videos at <a href='http://www.kcrscca.org/' target='_blank'>http://www.kcrscca.org/</a>

Look in the bottom left hand of the navigation bar.

The new layout is almost identical to the 2.1 mile video. The new "turn" at the end of the modified front straight is easy enough to explain when we get to the track.

Mike B)

Postby tnord » Thu Jul 08, 2004 9:51 am

hey jim -

are you going to be there sat and sun, or just sun?

if you can find video of it before the alteration of the front straight you'll be fine. all you do in a miata for the new "turn," is turn-in right at the end of pit wall and aim for the cones poking up over the hill, no biggie at all anymore for us.

just keep an eye out for those ITE guys coming up on you.
Lenexa, KS<br>SM #38 Red
Advanced Member

Postby Casual » Thu Jul 08, 2004 4:06 pm

Thanks for the info on Heartland. I plan to do the school and the race.
Hopefully the school will help me learn the course. Looking forward to seeing everyone in 8 days. - Jim Schriver, Cedarville, AR (red SM #31)

Postby T1T216 » Fri Jul 09, 2004 6:57 am

What class are you running? I have in car video from the National race I won in Topeka. Problem is I don't know how to down load it online or transfer it from the tiny video tape. You will enjoy the new part. They added 8 - 12' of new pavement on the outside left portion of the track, after you go up and over the hill. Without that new part, the track would be unsafe for our big horse power cars. I used every bit of it plus an inch or two of the grass. Good luck.

Chris Brannon
T1 #16
T2 #16
Chris Brannon<br>T1 #16<br>T2 #16

Return to Club Racing