Getting A Number For Next Year

Club Racing topics.

Postby skl » Sat Nov 20, 2004 9:50 pm

Having just acquired a Spec Miata for next year (tired of renting!) I'm going to want a number of my own and notice THERE AREN"T ANY! Will 3 digits be added or do we wait for someone to quit and take their number? Do want to get number panels, etc over the winter. I've got my own "favourite" number but realize that won't be possible in such a popular class.

Postby Speed Raycer » Mon Nov 22, 2004 7:10 pm

Not sure of the logistics involved, but hopefully they'll split off SM and the IT groups number-wise. I don't believe that they'll add a 3rd digit option.

Anyone know if this was addressed at the MiDiv Convention?

Anyway, I didn't have a number that was "mine," but didn't have an issue with having to change numbers in the 4 races I ran this year.
Scott Rhea
It's not what you build...
it's how you build it.
Izzy's Custom Cages
Speed Raycer
Advanced Member

Postby KelleyHux » Sat Nov 27, 2004 10:20 am

From the MiDiv Convention:

Although all 110 numbers were sold in the IT/SM group, only 84 of them were raced the minimum 3 times to retain "right of first refusal". What does that mean, you ask? Well, there will be some numbers which will be available on January 1st. And, there will be some numbers which will be held until February 28th allowing the 2004 purchasor to renew in a timely fashion. If the 2004 purchasor does not renew by February 28th, those numbers will become available. (Hint #1: Don't wait until 2/28 to send in your request.)

With the announcement of SM going to National racing status in 2006, MiDiv has elected to leave the permanent number groupings "as is" for 2005 and realize that there will probably be some folks interested in buying permanent numbers who may not be able to.

I'll refer you to the updated Permanent Number sticky in this thread for the process for 2005. (Hint #2 - do not request a number prior to January 1, 2005.)

Kelley Huxtable
MiDiv National Pointskeeper
& "Permanent Number Seller"
Advanced Member

Return to Club Racing