Oppose Bod Runoffs Invitation Plan

Club Racing topics.

Postby peterzekert » Sat Dec 31, 2005 9:27 am

Please OPPOSE the Board of Directors' proposal to limit Runoffs' invitations (below).

[Board of Directors] MOTION: To direct the Club Racing Board to initiate the following change using existing processes. The classes invited to participate in the Runoffs shall be determined based on participation levels. The 24 classes with the highest National race participation numbers shall be invited to the National Championship Runoffs the following year. (Sauce/Clark) PASSES. Unanimous.

I am OPPOSED to the principle of a National Class without a National Championship, because it circumvents the fundamental definition of a National Class as specified throughout the General Competition Rules (GCR). Therefore, I am asking my fellow members to OPPOSE the Board's proposal shown above.

The SCCA Convention is Feb. 2-4 in Kansas City. The Town Hall meeting with the Board of Directors is Feb. 2. Please attend and voice your OPPOSITION.

Please send your letter OPPOSED to the Board of Directors at BOD@scca.com. Put "National Class = National Championship Runoffs" in the subject line and cc me: PeterZekert@juno.com. [or mail to: SCCA, Board of Directors, Building 300, B Street, Topeka, KS 66619].

Thank you, Peter Zekert, Member & GTL driver
peterzekert

Return to Club Racing