Change In Schedule For Labor Day Hpt

Club Racing topics.

Postby Chuck Clark » Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:07 am

Due to lack of IT participation at our June National, and an expectation of even more National entries in September, KVRG has cancelled the IT Tour portion of the Labor Day weekend event. The weekend will now consist of a stand-alone National race.

Thanks,
Chuck Clark
Chuck Clark
Advanced Member

Postby tnord » Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:40 am

crap.

looks like i might be running next weekend at MAM after all.
Lenexa, KS<br>SM #38 Red
tnord
Advanced Member

Postby Chuck Clark » Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:29 pm

We're sorry for any inconvenience this change causes, but sine we are expecting National entries in the 400 range, we can't justify using a run group for what was only 16 cars in June.
Chuck Clark
Advanced Member

Postby Jr.Holstrom » Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:10 am

That's good for me. Now I can have my baby in August without worrying if someone else will get my IT points. Hehehehehe :ph34r:
A.W. Holstrom
#43 EP
Jr.Holstrom

Postby mustanghammer » Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:43 am

Jr.Holstrom wrote: That's good for me. Now I can have my baby in August without worrying if someone else will get my IT points. Hehehehehe :ph34r:

Funny, you didn't look pregnant :blink:
mustanghammer

Postby mustanghammer » Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:49 am

Chuck Clark wrote: We're sorry for any inconvenience this change causes, but sine we are expecting National entries in the 400 range, we can't justify using a run group for what was only 16 cars in June.

Chuck,

Assuming that National Only events are the norm at HPT into the near future what is the Division planning for the IT Tour to compensate for the lost points opportunities?

Can the Division explore the possiblity of having double points events for the IT Tour at other Regional National weekends? What about the possibility of making the HPT Dble regional a dual points event for IT drivers so that they can earn both Mid Am and IT Tour points in the same weekend?

I understand the reason for the cancellation but I do not want the popularity of one track in Midiv to affect the Regional and IT Championships efforts of those that do not run in a National class.
mustanghammer

Postby Chuck Clark » Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:28 am

Scott,

That's a great suggestion. I'll take that to the Exec Committee to see what everybody thinks.

Thanks,
Chuck

By the way, Aaron DOES look pregnant. :P
Chuck Clark
Advanced Member

Return to Club Racing