Regional Schedule/Points Races Lopsided

Club Racing topics.

Regional Schedule/Points Races Lopsided

Postby Z-Man » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:28 pm

The races scheduled for Nashville have been removed from the schedule.

This leaves the regional schedule and points chamionship heavily weighted to the western half of the division - 11 races in the west with only 3 in the east.

Without going to at least one week end at MAM - HPT - Hallet or Hastings racers from the east side of the divison can't qualify for the bonus race.

Racers in the west can race at Mid America and Hastings and have no trouble at all. Score points in both races at the doubles at MAM and Hastings and your in.

Nashville is a great track with great facilities - fast and challenging - I'm sorry we won't be there this year.

Anyone know why this was done?

Mark Zwolle
2007 Mid-Am SM Champion
Z-Man

Postby mazdamike » Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:35 am

I can't say why the races were removed from the schedule but,,,, Nashville is not a Midiv track. I believe that the past year the race was put on as a co-op with another region in SE Div to help get it started. I believe the same thing was true for Hastings (a co-op) although MPH IS a Midiv track.

From St. Louis it takes me 4.5 hours or less to get to HPT and about 4.5 hours or less to get to MMP. If you want to race more than 2 or 3 weekends a year, some travel is necessary. If you just want to race period, other tracks outside Midiv are also possible, ORP (Indy) is only 3.5 hours away for me. Of course I am not trailering a race car - I am just a worker. :wink:

PS ,, do you know how far apart MAM and MPH are? Seems like they are not TOO close, and is ANYONE close to Hallett?? :D Hallett and MAM are both about 6 hours away for me and I haven't yet been to MPH but mapquest says over 8 hours. :shock:
30 Year Member SCCA
"Drivers have races, Workers have enduros."
mazdamike
Advanced Member

Postby KelleyHux » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:09 pm

Mike ...

We must live in a good place (25 miles east of Wichita) - we have four tracks within a reasonable drive from us.

* Hallett is about 135 miles away.
* Topeka is about 120 miles away.
* MidAmerica Motorplex is about 300 miles away.
* Hastings is about 300 miles away (according to Rand McNally, we haven't driven it yet).
* St Louis is about 500 miles away.
* Memphis is forever ...

From the map, it looks like MidAmerica Motorplex and Hastings are about 150 miles apart.

Kelley Huxtable
"PLAY SAFE"
DMVR
KelleyHux
Advanced Member

Postby FV90 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:19 pm

Gents
Atl region decided to go in with Alabama Region and conduct a Labor Day event at Barber. We were approached (Tennessee Valley and Chattanooga) by ATL to keep Nashville up an going. Schedule problems at the track forced us to go with Fathers Day wwekend this year. Join us if you can - the 3 hour night enduro at NSS will be a hoot for the fendered guys.
See the post about the Heart of Dixie Double SARRC/3 hr ECR/PDX on June 14 and 15, 2008.
Mark Rothermel
RE- Tennessee Valley Region
Caracal C
FV90

Return to Club Racing