Gateway International Raceway

Club Racing topics.

Gateway International Raceway

Postby mazdamike » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:33 am

As we get more news from Memphis; It seems that things have moved forward enough to give the St. Louis scenario it's own thread. :D

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/motor-sp ... 702d8.html
30 Year Member SCCA
"Drivers have races, Workers have enduros."
mazdamike
Advanced Member

Postby peterjank » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:12 am

I've read that a deal was announced in September for a local developer to takeover the track and he has confirmed an NHRA date for the drag strip in October 2012. Does anyone know if there have been discussions regarding reopening the road course? Any possibility that SCCA may return to Gateway in 2012? :D
Peter Jankovskis
Chicago Region
peterjank

Postby peterjank » Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:42 am

I've found additional stories on the re-opening of Gateway indicating that the new track management plans to run a full 2012 season, beginning in March. Any chance that will include a Regional/National at the end of March?
Peter Jankovskis
Chicago Region
peterjank

Postby Speed Raycer » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:56 pm

CHUMP (www.chumpcar.com) already has a 14 hour race on the calendar in June and NASA is working on a date as well. I haven't heard any specifics yet, but I would imagine that STL Region will be able to hold several events at GMP in 2012. It is now Gateway Motorsports Park by the way.
Scott Rhea
It's not what you build...
it's how you build it.
Izzy's Custom Cages
Speed Raycer
Advanced Member

Postby Speed Raycer » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:56 pm

CHUMP (www.chumpcar.com) already has a 14 hour race on the calendar in June and NASA is working on a date as well. I haven't heard any specifics yet, but I would imagine that STL Region will be able to hold several events at GMP in 2012. It is now Gateway Motorsports Park by the way.
Scott Rhea
It's not what you build...
it's how you build it.
Izzy's Custom Cages
Speed Raycer
Advanced Member

Postby peterjank » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:54 am

I have seen that NASA has confirmed a 2012 race date in mid-April. I'm surprised that we still have nothing from midiv. Hopefully they will be moving away from the traditional end of March / beginning of April toward something later in April for Gateway.
Peter Jankovskis
Chicago Region
peterjank

Return to Club Racing