DRIVERS,,,,we NEED entries TO RACE events......

Club Racing topics.

DRIVERS,,,,we NEED entries TO RACE events......

Postby mazdamike » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:31 pm

Below are some posts from elsewhere just in case you look at this but not the other forums. The message is clear, and we know the economy sucks, and the price of gas is criminal, but we need entries - and especially at the lesser "liked" tracks in MiDiv. The workers have committed to staff these events but it is pointless if we don't get the entries. Please help if you can - Memphis only has 34 entries right now but 50 VOLUNTEERS have signed up in advance as required. St. Louis may find itself in a similar position too!

So we all know how hard it is sometimes to get enough workers to put on a race, right? Well last I checked Memphis had 50% more VOLUNTEERS than entries! Yep, the economy has sucked for a lot of folks, racers and workers alike. The Division has suffered as well with tracks being closed and shuttered, bought, and re-opened, flooded, and events cancelled, etc.. But if we are going to turn the page and become successful again we need to support all the tracks and the Regions who put on the events. St. Louis is coming back on-line this year, and the new owners of the Memphis track is looking forward to putting in a whole new and real Road Course. BUT FOR WHO? It appears that the workers/// I mean Volunteers, are sucking it up and coming back, especially those from out of town. But obviously we need entries too. Don't wait for the "other guy", help by doing it yourself as well. The tracks need the events, the Regions need to put them on without losing revenue, and the workers need to know you care - and will come out. If you are a driver, get your entry in. If not, twist the arm of someone who is! :)) See you March 30th.

This reply is a cross post from Club Racing as the discussion moved to how we can generate more growth.

While there are many things that "could" be done to help racing attendance, the list of "not able" to do is nearly identical. I wasn't trying to inspire the drilling of a new well, but rather pumping more out of what we already have. I'm also not throwing stones really 'cause I don't even have a glass house. I am frankly lucky to have gas money to get to an event, or find a ride with someone already going. "if", and it's a big "IF", we could just get all our current drivers to add just 1 more weekend to their 2012 schedule - we would improve the scenario at every Region or track. And then, if that additional weekend were not at everyone's "favorite" track but instead at one that truly needs the help it would be even more effective.

I don't pretend to know what the situation is anywhere else in the Country, though I can well imagine that most are hurting to some extent. The last 2 - 3 years here in MiDiv have not been too much fun. We have had 2 tracks closed, sold, and now reopened; and another under water for a couple of months, plus at least one weekend canceled for low entries. This has it's toll on workers as well as some move on to other interests and others are less inclined to travel especially with small car counts.

Memphis's track - no one's favorite - was closed for a year and then bought by folks that want to upgrade the entire facility, including a totally new Road Course. But they have to have a good feeling that the investment will be worth it so they want to see the "need" and "interest" of those who will use it. The Region also has to have the commitment of workers to put the event on, especially now that SCCA wants to get a commitment of the workers in advance. Well, they got that commitment from the workers - many brand new "local" ones and many from out of town. The last time a looked several days ago, there were 50% more workers than entries for the event in a couple of weeks - and this event will be a "Double Rational"! Mid-South Region NEEDS a good influx of entries not only from MiDiv, but also from other Divisions who are even closer by miles.

In a couple of months St. Louis Region's Race also is required to have workers signed up in advance. We will likely get that commitment from the workers also even though we are coming off a year in mothballs. Although the facility is on track to get some improvements, I don't think a "new" Road Course" is in the works yet. OUR new owner is a fellow SCCA Member who has taken a risk to bring back events over the full range of motor sports from Drag Racing - local weekly shows but also NHRA, ADRL, and BDRA, Club Racing and PDX, Autocrossing, and hopefully and likely Oval Events. Part of the tracks need for success is tied to the Regions need for success, and that means entries for Race weekends.

But I'm only putting in print what anyone reading this already knows, right? If you are a "race" driver and possibly can, I am certain that adding just one more weekend to your schedule would be appreciated. If you can make that weekend going to a track/Region that needs the help the most, your gift will be multiplied even more. If you do, it will be even easier to challenge the workers to do their part as well. You could also help by passing this sentiment along to others too, so please do! And trust me, no one is likely feeling the financial squeeze more than me, so I don't make this request/challenge lightly. :))
30 Year Member SCCA
"Drivers have races, Workers have enduros."
mazdamike
Advanced Member

Postby P Sherm » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:31 pm

Perhaps if the Division's Executives hadn't screwed with the IT community, you'd get more entries...
P Sherm

Postby mazdamike » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:34 pm

Well the number of drivers has finally reached the number of workers! Of course they do still need more yet. MidSouth has decided to add a Friday Practice Day AND dropped the late fee too.

http://www.midsouthscca.org/index.php?n ... =2914#2914
30 Year Member SCCA
mazdamike
Advanced Member

Postby mazdamike » Mon May 14, 2012 7:21 pm

> YO! < We see your "Midiv exects messing with IT and low turnouts and raise you, a return to the traditional format. "R/N IT Tour" with an extra race for your troubles. Want even more track time, we have the Friday Practice as well. So now "Where's the BEEF?!" Once again the workers have stepped up to staff the event after a year long hibernation at Gateway and now it's YOUR turn to do the same. Already entered? Terrific! Now how about helping get others to join us too. The Regions cannot hold races and loose money. The tracks can't loose events and stay in business either. We know the money is tight for many folks and the workers who travel hundreds of miles un-re-imbursed are no exception. But we need the entries to hold out attention and make the effort worthwhile. We have to start somewhere to return to a positive trend - please make that somewhere THIS event in St. Louis!! :))
30 Year Member SCCA
mazdamike
Advanced Member

Re: DRIVERS,,,,we NEED entries TO RACE events......

Postby wowguide » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:53 am

with your point I really agree with you.、It's a agreat thing that I want to be your fiend.We have some web sites which you can view exciting games on
------------------------------------
http://www.sellgw2.com/
http://www.vipbns.com/
http://www.d3joy.com/
wowguide

Return to Club Racing