Spec Neon

Club Racing topics.

Postby CGerber » Mon Sep 29, 2003 2:31 pm

I wanted to reopen this topic...

For those of you who don't know me, my name is Candy Gerber and my husband is Jan. We have John Saucier's former 1995 Dodge Neon. We have been thinking about Spec Neon for some time, but since we did get the repreive from National to let us race it in the National class for a couple more years (ok, thru next year) We put Spec Neon on the back burner, so to say.

I am intrested in finding out just how many people in MiDiv are really interested in starting up Spec Neon. I know there are a lot of Neon's out there (I remember the huge fields of SSB/SSC a few years ago). I want to get an idea so that a proposal can be put together for the MiDiv Convention. I do plan on attending this year's convention.

If there is anyone interested, here is the link for the Specifications on the Neon Forums: <a href='http://www.empire1.net/forum2/viewtopic.php?t=11' target='_blank'>http://www.empire1.net/forum2/viewtopic.php?t=11</a>. I think the rules sound reasonable. Any thoughts?
<span style='color:purple'><b><span style='font-family:Arial'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Candy Gerber</span></span></b><br><span style='font-family:Arial'></span><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Nebraska Region<br>Chief of T&S - MAM</span></span>
CGerber

Postby mcgyverit » Tue Sep 30, 2003 6:25 am

I would be interested in getting a Spec Neon class in Midiv.
mcgyverit

Postby CGerber » Tue Sep 30, 2003 10:36 am

mcgyverit wrote: I would be interested in getting a Spec Neon class in Midiv.

Thank you!

Well, that is one...
<span style='color:purple'><b><span style='font-family:Arial'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Candy Gerber</span></span></b><br><span style='font-family:Arial'></span><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Nebraska Region<br>Chief of T&S - MAM</span></span>
CGerber

Postby CGerber » Mon Oct 06, 2003 9:36 pm

I think that the issue of Spec Neon will probably have to be put off until next year.

Since the 95 Neon has one more year of eligibility in National classes. I think that it will be more difficult to get it approved.

This does not mean that I will forget about it next year. We have a 95 Neon that will need a place to race, preferably not in ITS!!

I do thank you for the interest, Larry and mcgyverit. I will begin next year, a little earlier, with trying to get some others interested.
CGerber

Postby Speed Raycer » Tue Oct 07, 2003 8:45 pm

Have you guys flooded the comp board with requests for reclassification into ITA or letters of support for the IT2 initiative??? All you'll get at this point is the old Competition Adjustments reply, but at least you'd be keeping the topic on top of the pile ;)
Scott Rhea
It's not what you build...
it's how you build it.
Izzy's Custom Cages
Speed Raycer
Advanced Member

Postby mcgyverit » Wed Oct 08, 2003 11:19 am

Yes, I have been. I figure that I will send a copy every couple of months along with updated stats from around the country showing that the 95-99 Neon needs to be reclassed somewhere other than SS or ITS.
mcgyverit

Postby P Sherm » Wed Oct 08, 2003 5:14 pm

As a Neon owner, I'd like to add my .02...

Personally I don't like the idea of ANY Spec class. I like to see different makes and models racing together. But that is my opinion. :rolleyes:

That being said, if the ITAC and the Comp Board fail to: 1) Re-classify the Neon to ITA and 2) Accept the Competion Adjusments listed in the Sep Fastrak, I will be the first one to line up to form a Spec Neon class in the Midiv. :D

Paul Sherman
#59 SSC Neon
Wichita Region
P Sherm

Postby mcgyverit » Thu Oct 09, 2003 11:55 am

P Sherm, I feel exactly the same way. I would really like to see the Neon in ITA where I can race against other models of cars and be competitive. But if it doesnt go in there, a Spec Class would work for now.
mcgyverit

Postby Speed Raycer » Thu Mar 25, 2004 1:23 pm

I assume that you all have seen the online May Fastrack and are all too busy dancing around your cars to post? :D
Scott Rhea
It's not what you build...
it's how you build it.
Izzy's Custom Cages
Speed Raycer
Advanced Member

Postby mcgyverit » Fri Mar 26, 2004 12:25 pm

I have been too busy getting ready for this weekends race at Gateway to post but things are looking up. Now all we (Neon owners) have to do is send in letters supporting the proposal and hope that it passes.
mcgyverit

Postby mcgyverit » Wed Oct 06, 2004 8:10 pm

Did anyone see the Fastrack lately about the Neon?
mcgyverit

Return to Club Racing