Permanent Numbers

Club Racing topics.

Postby KelleyHux » Mon Nov 24, 2003 1:04 pm

*** Newly Updated for 2005 ***

Since my phone is already ringing off the hook (and my in-box is filling) - I thought many folks might be interested in the Permanent Number process:

A. I will not start taking applications for permanent numbers until January 1, 2005.

B. If you are already a licensed driver (and your most current address is on-file at the SCCA National Office as of 11/02/2004), you will be receiving a permanent number packet on about January 1st. ** edited 12/30 - Packets were mailed this morning. **

C. If you purchased a permanent number in 2004 and ran a minimum of three Midwest Division events during the year, your permanent number will be held until February 28th for you to renew or release.

D. If you are a new driver and/or car owner and don't have a license yet - and would like to receive the permanent number mailing, please send me an e-mail at Pointskeeper@midiv.org.

E. In Midwest Division, we sell only a single block of numbers - no differentiation is made between National/Regional.

F. You must be a member of a MiDiv region to purchase a permanent number. That MiDiv region does not need to be your region-of-record for points purposes, but you must at least be a dual member of a MiDiv region.

Those permanent numbers purchased for 2004 are still posted on the website. If possible, I will post which numbers are reserved until Feb 28th. (This is dependent upon my availability - please don't bug the webmaster.) ** edited 12/30 - 2005 Number Grid sent to webmaster. I'm sure he will post in a timely fashion. **

Keep in mind - when you purchase a permanent number all that does is give you the opportunity to get your entry in early and be reasonably assured that you will probably get your number. In the Supplemental Regulations in each entry, there is a date which is the number cut-off date. If you register after that date, someone may have already claimed "your" number.

Permanent Number groups will remain the same for 2005. If you are changing classes, but not run groups - you can still purchase the same permanent number. (Example: Your 2004 permanent number is for an ITA Miata, but you've decided to run Spec Miata this year - same run group, same number is okay.) Expect some changes for 2006 when SM will become a national class.

Also, please keep in mind - some tracks run slightly different groupings for various reasons. Again, I encourage you to enter early for the best chance of racing "your" number at a particular event.

If you have any questions - please post back to this thread or send me an e-mail.

Kelley Huxtable
MiDiv National Pointskeeper
& "Permanent Number Seller"

<edited 11/27/04 to update for 2005>
<edited 12/30/04 for additional info>
KelleyHux
Advanced Member

Postby Mark Walker » Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:21 pm

I've pinned this topic for future reference.
Mark E. Walker
National Events Liaison
Equipment Manager
Nebraska Region SCCA
SSSI, RxSS, TTCS, TTSS, TTTI
Mark Walker

Postby KelleyHux » Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:10 am

Now that I have power back (after nearly a week without electricity!), I will be updating the numbers grid as I can. Please don't bug the webmaster, as he can't post what he hasn't been sent.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,
Kelley Huxtable
MiDiv National Pointskeeper
& "Permanent Number Seller"
KelleyHux
Advanced Member

Postby KelleyHux » Fri Feb 25, 2005 5:37 pm

It's almost February 28th, if you have a number still on reserve - it's time to renew!

If you're waiting to see what numbers are not renewed, check your e-mail on March 1st. I will be sending email on Tuesday.

Kelley Huxtable
"Permanent Number Seller"
KelleyHux
Advanced Member

Postby KelleyHux » Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:48 pm

I learned yesterday that I will not be the "Permanent Number Seller" (or the National Pointskeeper) for 2006. So the procedures outlined above may or may not be followed by the individual who is coming into the job after me. Thanks to all of you who inquired about and/or purchased numbers over the past five years.

It's been fun.

See you at the track ...

Kelley Huxtable
"PLAY SAFE"
DMVR
KelleyHux
Advanced Member

Postby skl » Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:22 pm

Thanks for your help the last 1 1/2 years I've been back racing. (From the sounds of your post, it wasn't your idea...)

Of course, we don't even know what group we'll be running in next year do we????
skl

Return to Club Racing