Question About Classes

Club Racing topics.

Postby tkstamper » Thu Feb 26, 2004 9:44 pm

I am interested in getting into SCCA Club Racing. I am leaning towards formula Vee or Formula 500, but I want to make sure either of these classes have sufficient participation in so I don't have to worry about having races cancelled or traveling too far to race. Can someone tell me how active either of these classes are? I'm in Kansas City and would probably want to race within 4 hours drive of here most of the time. Thanks for your help

Tim
tkstamper

Postby mustanghammer » Fri Feb 27, 2004 10:56 am

Fortunately races and race groups are not cancelled due to low participation by a car class. So if you enter a race and travel to the event you are going to get to drive. I have been at races where only one or two F500 were on track in their race group for instance. So the level of competion that you may or may not have is really the ssue. To see how many drivers are in FV and F500 you can check a couple of locations on the Midiv.org site. Here is where you should look

2004 Numbers List - count the number of drivers with an asigned number in FV or F500

2004 Mid Div and National Points results - this will give you an indication of who raced in FV and F500 last year

Hope this helps

Scott Peterson
IT7 RX7
mustanghammer

Return to Club Racing