It7 - Dust Off Those Mazdas

Club Racing topics.

Postby mustanghammer » Wed Mar 03, 2004 12:32 pm

Okay,

I count 5-6 IT7 cars in the number list. There are a few RX7's still listed in ITA. So who is going to run in this new "spec" class?

Scott Peterson
IT7 #17
1983 RX7 - Yellow
mustanghammer

Postby Speed Raycer » Wed Mar 03, 2004 5:28 pm

I'll be running as many races as I can this year, but I'm still adjusting financially to having a kid.

Looks like I'll be running at Gateway on the 28th unless the car gets rented out.
Scott Rhea
It's not what you build...
it's how you build it.
Izzy's Custom Cages
Speed Raycer
Advanced Member

Postby mustanghammer » Thu Mar 04, 2004 2:49 pm

Scott,

I won't be going to the Super School - a kick ass event - I will be starting my season at the double regional at Heartland Park in April. Are you coming to Topeka?

How about the rest of you Rotor Heads? Lets make this as big as Spec Miata!

Scott Peterson
IT7 #17
mustanghammer

Postby tnord » Wed Mar 10, 2004 11:17 am

bah.......you guys will never be as big as SM, although at the rate we run into each other, i may eat my words. :unsure: although i'm sure mazda would like that to be the case.

random thought........why don't we just make a new run group for just SM and IT7? then we can have an all mazda grid :P
Lenexa, KS<br>SM #38 Red
tnord
Advanced Member

Postby mustanghammer » Wed Mar 10, 2004 1:08 pm

"random thought........why don't we just make a new run group for just SM and IT7? then we can have an all mazda grid"

Well, I'm for that because it might generate some interest with the local dealerships or even Mazda USA/Mazdaspeed.

I would be happy just to have competition that rivals what the drivers in SM enjoy, however. To do that we need NUMBERS!

Scott Peterson
IT7 #17
mustanghammer

Postby Speed Raycer » Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:47 pm

mustanghammer wrote: I would be happy just to have competition that rivals what the drivers in SM enjoy, however. To do that we need NUMBERS!

Scott Peterson
IT7 #17

We also need the prep level. IMO, by design, SM is very close in basic prep levels, which keeps most of the cars "close" to each other making some good racing throughout the pack. On the other hand, IT RX7's can be all over the place as far as prep, from 1:13's to 1:2+ at Gateway. Hopefully this year will wet some appetites and bring a lot of 7's back to the track no matter what their prep level.

I for one am excited about IT7. Hopefully my budget will allow me to hit more races than I did last year.
Scott Rhea
It's not what you build...
it's how you build it.
Izzy's Custom Cages
Speed Raycer
Advanced Member

Postby tnord » Wed Mar 17, 2004 11:38 am

miata's can easily have 10sec discrepencies between the field. at least i know there was at blackhawk farms when i raced there last year.
Lenexa, KS<br>SM #38 Red
tnord
Advanced Member

Return to Club Racing