White Rainsuits Anyone?

Race working topics.

Postby KelleyHux » Tue May 18, 2004 6:45 pm

About 10 years ago, Will and I sold white rainsuits to interested workers and drivers in MiDiv and across the country. I may have a line on some more ... these would be the same plasticized Neese Industries rainsuits which have served us well.

I'm not sure of the details just yet ... sorta testing the waters, so to speak. At this point, sizing would probably be in the popular large, extra-large, and extra-extra large groups. You would need to order same size jacket and pants. Cost is probably in the $55/$60 range (for the set), delivered to your doorstep. If there's enough interest, it could be a reality. Even if you fall in a smaller or larger size category - let me know.

If you're curious about why you want a white rainsuit - check out video from the RunOffs any year where it rained ... the only folks you can see are those in the white rainsuits. Blues, browns, greens, and even dayglo orange tend to fade into the scenery (fall colors in Ohio).

If you are interested, please send me a PM, or post back to the topic and I'll see what I can do.

Kelley Huxtable
DMVR F&C
"PLAY SAFE"
KelleyHux
Advanced Member

Postby kloerch » Fri May 21, 2004 5:35 am

Kelley,
I found a white rainsuit somewhere on the internet a couple of years ago, then promptly lost the website (seems to me it was in Maine somewhere; apparently white makes lobstermen more visible when they wash up on shore). And, while it's suitable, I wouldn't mind another one (this one has snaps instead of zippers; no elastic to close the sleeves, etc.). So, if you get enough to make it worth it, count me in. But, if not......
<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Loerch</span><br>-------<br><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Leave no turn unstoned</span>
kloerch

Postby KelleyHux » Tue Jun 08, 2004 9:00 pm

It's a reality ... the New England Region is selling white rainsuits. They are about $50 for the set (not 100% sure if that includes shipping). Sizes are M, L, XL. These are bib pants with elastic cuffs, and a hooded jacket. Material some sort of rubberized cloth. They work well for all but the really warm mid-summer rain (when there's no point in using raingear).

If you're interested - drop me a post here or a PM.

TTFN ...
Kelley Huxtable
KelleyHux
Advanced Member

Postby T18 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:35 pm

Me and my Father found some clear rain slickers on a cycling site which also work well, about $20, however, they have vents on the side which water can come in thru during a drving rain. (anyhting is better than a Red or yellow one tho lol.
T18

Return to Race Working