Favorite Track In Middiv?

Race working topics.

Postby PKnese » Wed May 21, 2003 8:23 am

From a workers perspective, what is your favorite track? B)

I've worked F&C at Gateway dozens of times, but have never traveled to work another race. :(

I plan on going somewhere else this summer and want to know what you guys like the most!
- Pete
PKnese
Advanced Member

Postby Mark Walker » Thu May 22, 2003 8:29 am

I've heard a lot of good comments about Hallett but haven't been there myself yet (later this summer). Mid-America Motorplex is great for seeing all the action everywhere. Flat as a pancake.

Anyone else?
Mark E. Walker
National Events Liaison
Equipment Manager
Nebraska Region SCCA
SSSI, RxSS, TTCS, TTSS, TTTI
Mark Walker

Postby jigou » Thu May 22, 2003 8:33 am

Every time I'm involved in a "favorite track" conversation, Hallett comes up.

I haven't been there, either working corners OR driving....and probably won't make it this summer, either. If I make a big trip, Road America will be the one....

Jarrod
jigou

Postby KelleyHux » Fri May 23, 2003 1:34 pm

I would say there's good points about both Hallett and Heartland Park. The amenities got a lot better at Hallett when the Stephens Brothers put in the shower facility a couple of summers ago.

As a flagger, I really *hate* the part where there are virtually no headsets for the radio net at Hallett. It's usually difficult to hear any corner other than Control. It's a cool place to work as there's generally things going on, and from some turns you can see what's happening at other turns.

Heartland Park has historically done a good job taking care of their workers. With the gazebos on all the turns - you usually have a place to sit and the shade is great! If the liquid sunshine is falling, you can generally shrink wrap three sides of the gazebo and get some protection from the weather.

Kelley Huxtable
DMVR F&C
KelleyHux
Advanced Member

Return to Race Working