Help Needed In Topeka For Usrrc

General announcements of interest to MiDiv SCCA members

Postby mikeatscca » Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:42 am

I am posting this for Pego Mack, the SCCA Rally Manager. Come on out for some USRRC fun! You can contact Pego at Pmack@scca.com or 800.770.2055 ext 360 for further details.---Mike

USRRC control workers.

Control workers will be needed from approx. 10 am on Friday until around 6 pm on Friday.
On Saturday they will be needed from approx. 8 am to 5 pm.

Control workers will be driving to points around the greater Topeka area. Waiting for the rally cars to drive by their control at which point they will time the cars via a pneumatic hose across the road which is attached to a small digital clock inside their car. They will write down the time and the car number, clear the clock and wait for the next car.

After all the cars come thru a sweep car will come by and collect the log sheet and the control team will have directions to their next control.

I will be doing one if not two training sessions at the SCCA office on how to work the clocks, and how to handle a timing control.

You would be required to drive around to different control sites during the course of the rally and use the rally clocks and tools to run your controls. At the end of the day all clocks etc would have to be returned to the rally end spot. During the event it would be wise to bring food and drink with you.

Friday it will be the office, Saturday I believe it is the office also.

You do not need to have previous experience. However any one who has ever done any timing at the race track or manually at a solo is all ready equipped to run a control.

We would appreciate everyone who can work and there will be food and drink at the finish.

Pego
mikeatscca

Return to Announcements