The first-ever Divisional RallyCross was held June 26-27 in Riverside, MO., by Kansas City Region.
All nine classes were populated. Results are under the Programs/RallyCross tab.
June 26-27 — Divisional RallyCross by Kansas City Region, Riverside, MO (date change)
At the opening event of the Midwest Division’s Solo Performance/R&S Racing Solo Series, MiDiv’s Solo Awards were presented for the 2020 Season.
Normally presented at the annual Midwest Division Convention, which was not held this year because of COVID-19 protocols, the two awards winners were recognized at the Topeka round of the 2021 series, during the driver’s meeting at Heartland Motorsports Park
Doug Gill, Mid-South Region (also a member of Kansas Region), received the Sam Scharnberg Spirit of the Sport award recognizing a member who has been “a rock of solo.” Gill served for many years on the SCCA national staff in the Topeka office, primarily as the rules and technical expert, always ready to help members with thorny rulebook questions.
Mike Herrick, Nebraska Region (also a member of Salina, Wichita and Kansas Regions), was the series’ Driver of the Year. He was the Street Touring Sport champion, winning all six events. He was the only series driver to accomplish that feat, running in a class that never had fewer than four competitors.
The MiDiv Contacts lists are a PDF file which you can access HERE
The file includes:
• Midwest Division Executive Committee (all Regional Executives plus non-voting officers)
• Midwest Division Officials — Road Racing and other competition disciplines
• MidAm Championship Committee
• MiDiv Time Trials Series Committee
• MiDiv Solo Series Committee
• Race Registrars, listed by track
• MiDiv Regional Solo Contacts
• MiDiv Regional RallyCross Contacts
• MiDiv Regional RoadRally Contacts